A cast reunion occurred at the 2013 Television Critics Association winter press touron the evening of January 9, 2013.The entire main cast; with the exception of Tony Hale and David Cross) gathered for a press tour about the upcoming fourth season and movie.
The Structure of the New "Season"Edit
- There will be 14 new episodes
- The "anthology" will have a new structure unlike the previous three seasons. Each episode will be centred around a particular characters point of view.
Season Four Production Edit
Since each episode of Arrested Development focuses on one character, they each took turns with the same trailer.
“We kept things all tamped down, production-wise, We were all in small dressing rooms like we had when we were doing the television series except there was one big trailer and the person whose episode it was got that.” Jason Bateman
“This is something that is completely different on purpose, creatively, per the format Netflix affords us, per the longterm and larger longform of the whole story. Everybody intermingles throughout each individual person’s episode. There’s plenty of the regular cast that filters through there, but it is a singular. It is Lindsay’s episode, it is Gob’s episode that we all kind of guest star in.” - Jason Bateman
- Hurwitz revealed that even though it will no longer be subject to broadcast network restrictions, the show still will feature its trademark bleeps. Also, one of our main characters will wind up naked.
“So it’s kind of an evolution of the storytelling that was necessary.” We couldn’t afford to do the show with what these people are worth now. Each episode will be dedicated to a particular character’s point of view, with other characters weaving in and out of that episode. So, over the course of these episodes, viewers will revisit a scene from a previous one but in a different context. You’ll see a scene again, and from the other perspective, you’ll get all this new information,’‘So it’s kind of an evolution of the storytelling that was necessary” - Mitch Hurwitz
It is not 'season four'; we should probably make that clear. Everybody sort of intermingles through each person's individual episode, but it is a 'Lindsay' episode or a 'Gob' episode that we guest star in. Simply just the first act of what we hope to continue and complete in a movie, which would be Act 2 and 3,” - Jason Bateman
Hurwitz and the cast tipped their hats to the passion of the fans (and support of the critics), noting that when the writers first started fleshing out ideas for the the movie, they had to toss out some good ideas because they’d already been covered in fan fiction.
“The spirit of this was to surprise fans with something that they didn’t see coming, there was so much talk about the movie that we thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to still do the movie but to give everybody this thing they didn’t see coming. The idea was, ‘Let’s say there’s 10, and then the fans will be so happy when there’s even more." - Mitch Hurwitz
Arrested Development The Movie?Edit
- There will be a Movie but there are no deals in place, yet
- Jessica Walter on Lucille: "I have finally gotten to play Joan Crawford"
- Jessica Walter on Season 4: “It’s different than the original Arrested Development and beyond anything I could have hoped”
- Portia de Rossi on Lindsay's Episodes:"We had a great scene where I interpreted by mother's tone as sarcasm, but [we later see] she intended something entirely different."
Arrested Development CastEdit
Arrested Development PanelEdit
- Arrested Development cast and creator talk new episodes, unspool deleted scene at TCA panel - EW.com
- 'Arrested Development' Cast Reunites at TCA: 'This Is Not Season 4' - HollywoodReporter.com
- Mitch Hurwitz Talks Arrested Development Season 4, Bringing Michael Cera Into the Writers’ Room, and Status of the Movie - Collider.com
- On Netflix, Arrested Development blazes new trails - USAtoday.com
- Each episode will be dedicated to a particular character - JustJared.com
- TCA 2013 Photos - Emmys.com
- TCA 2013 Tour - Zimbio.com
- 2013 Winter TCA Tour - Day 6 - IMDb.com
- Movie Talk Heats Up For ‘Arrested Development’: TCA - Deadline.com
- 'Arrested Development' cast reunites for Netflix: Press tour live-blog - HitFix.com
- 6 Things We Learned About Netflix’s Arrested Development Return - VoiceFanTV