George Michael tried to reconnect with his father but is finding himself overwhelmed by the responsibility of running his business.
After getting off of a vicious game of voicemail lie tag, George Michael meets back up with Rebel in The Ealing Club. They both see their fathers approaching so thy duck into a photobooth and make out. The next day he attempts to play basketball but his nose gets broken. He calls his dad to make plans to make amends but Michael says no, planning on being with Rebel. George Michael then calls Rebel and she agrees to meetup. Rebel leaves the restaurant so Michael calls his son again, who in turn tells him he's already made plans. Rebel arrives and they make love and she tells him she's enamored by his careless ways and that he's smart enough to make Fakeblock.
George Michael is kicked out by P-Hound from his dorm room and G.O.B. happens across him, hoping to feed him a Forget-Me-Now (pill) to make him forget the events at the Gothic Castle. George Michael buys a home in Sudden Valley, trying to make his father proud. All the registered sex offenders are thrilled that he's 22 but looks 16 so they give him gifts and play football and throw him pool parties. Rebel visits with her son Lem and sees that his new house show's he's not as easy-going as she hoped he was. George Michael reveals the rocky truth of the relationship to Maeby, who he then fires for hyping Fakeblock too much. In spite, she tells Michael that Rebel was turned off from George Michael's pressure in their relationship. He gets her film rights and heads over to Rebel's apartment where he plays it cool and tries to push her away, which draws her to him. They make love and Michael steals a photobooth photo from her dresser but discovers that it is George Michael and Rebel in the photo.
Michael calls Maeby and tells her she's out of the movie so he heads to Sudden Valley to fire G.O.B.. He runs into George Michael, who just wants to impress his father and gives him a heartfelt thank-you for raising him. Michael tries to leave before George Michael changes to subject to talk about his new girlfriend and how things are rocky. George Michael asks his father how his love life and movie project are going and he tells his son that neither of them were meant to be.
At Cinco de Cuatro, G.O.B. is in negotiation with a Mongolian horde he hired to build the wall between Mexico and America and George Michael approaches, asking for help with Rebel. G.O.B. gives him horrible advice so George Michael decides to do the opposite. G.O.B. then tells George Sr. about the horde and George Sr. reveals that the family have no money for the project. G.O.B., in turn, breaks the news to the Mongolian horde that they won't get paid, leading them to plunder and ravaging Cinco de Cuatro in retaliation, during the act of which they are mistaken for a group of rioting Latin-Americans. Michael meets with Lucille Austero and attempts to seduce her but she refuses, he then threatens her. George Michael, nearly ready to reveal the truth about Fakeblock, finds a note from the internet hacktivist group Anonymous threatening to "screw" him if goes forward with the plans to publicize Fakeblock, but, thinking the note is a booty call from Rebel, he decides to continue the lie and instead gives a short keynote speech about Fakeblock, calming that it "is real". He then heads for Rebel's apartment and after showing her the note he found, which she mistakes as a booty call from him, they spend the night together.
The next morning, Michael calls Rebel and tells her he wants to make things work with her so she tells him to come over later. George Michael drops his nonchalant act and tells Rebel that he cares about her and wants to make things work. She says yes and he leaves. Outside he runs into his father with a cactus with a note for Rebel. George Michael realizes that Michael is the other man and Michael, who already knew, plays it off until he mentions that they were both in the photobooth separately with Rebel. Michael is unable to provide an answer when his son asks him about his mention of the photobooth and, angry that his father knowingly slept with Rebel behind his back, George Michael punches him the face. The episodes then ends on a tense, silent stare-off between father and son.
G.O.B. receives a call from his mother who informs him that he is the new Bluth Company president now that Lucille Austero has gone missing, but she also warns him to "keep his nose clean" and steer clear of any scandals. He then receives a voicemail from Tony Wonder, who took a Forget-Me-Now to forget their night of gay love, but G.O.B. remembers it clearly.
Police arrive at Lucille Austero's penthouse in Balboa Towers and arrest Buster for her murder. Ron Howard and Brian Grazer celebrate that they have the rights to his story and that the movie they make about him will be their next DaVinci Code.
- Main Cast
- Michael Cera as George Michael Bluth
- Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth
- Will Arnett as G.O.B.
- Alia Shawkat as Maeby Fünke
- Tony Hale as Buster Bluth
- Jeffrey Tambor as George Bluth
- Portia de Rossi as Lindsay Bluth Fünke (reused footage from Red Hairing)
- Isla Fisher as Rebel Alley
- Ron Howard as Himself
- Jeff Garlin as Mort Meyers
- John Beard as Himself
- Ben Stiller as Tony Wonder
- Brian Grazer as Himself
- Liza Minnelli as Lucille Austero
- Richard Jin Namkung as Paul 'P-Hound' Huan
- John Yuan as Doug Fleer
- Matt Yuan as Dean Fleer
- Ithamar Enruquez as Carlos
- Tom Saunders as Tom
- Evan Gaustad as Terry
- Woon Young Park as Marauder
- Carter Hastings as Lem
- Jay Johnston as Officer Taylor
- Ben Harris as Ealing Club Waiter
- Beverly Palmer as Nurse
- Andrew Tsygan as Twin Andrew
- Keith and Kenneth Lucas as Lucas twins
- Allie Goertz as Reveler
- Peanuts - In the comic strip Peanuts Lucy often calls people "blockhead".
- Michael Cera's Film Career
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - George Michael tells Rebel Alley that he will fight anyone he has to for her. This is a reference to the film which starred Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim, trying to fight seven ex-boyfriends to win a woman's heart. The episode "It Gets Better" also references roles Cera played in Youth in Revolt and Juno.
- The Ladies' No. 1 Detective Agency - The t-shirt G.O.B. wears when meeting George Michael from the TV series version of The Ladies' No. 1 Detective Agency.
- Anonymous - The internet hacktivist group Anonymous wears Guy Fawkes masks when making public appearances.
- Zillow - The real estate website shows a listing for a Sudden Valley property.
- Depardieu - Lem's last name is Depardieu and his father is an French actor. It may be a nod to Gérard Depardieu.
- Bender from Futurama - When George Michael is voted out of his dorm, one vote is cast for Bender from Futurama. When he lost the Student Council election in "The Immaculate Election", 1% of votes were cast for Bart Simpson.
- Sports - George Michael is terrible at sports, seen in "Notapusy".
- "Love Each Other" - The phrase is how George Michael sums up the opposite of G.O.B.'s advice regarding Fakeblock and Rebel Alley and are the final words of Season Four as John Beard's sign off from ITV.
- Perfect rhythm - George Michael and his internal clock is referenced during his long pause with Rebel in the dorms. He whispers "twenty four" after Ron Howard's narration, but before replying to Rebel.
- Punch - George Michael punches Micheal for dating Rebel behind his back, just like he punched G.O.B. for dating Ann in "Development Arrested".
- "[synonym for arrested] Development" - The headline of the report about Buster's arrest says "Arraigned Development".
- "NINJA please" - When George Michael tells his uncle he can't afford a new house, G.O.B. uses Tobias' "ninja please" reaction from "Indian Takers".
- "That was a freebie" - G.O.B. admits a freebie when George Michael admits he's homeless.
- Finger to lips - The twins and P-Hound hold their fingers to their lips when George Michael is kicked out of his dorm.
- "The Sound of Silence" - G.O.B. hears "The Sound of Silence" when George Michael talks about his relationship woes. The leader of the Mongol horde hears it when G.O.B. breaks the bad news about the lack of money.
- Mr. F - The theme from Mr. F plays when Michael reads the brochure for Tobias's (Mr. F himself) Fantastic Four musical.
- Homefill - George Michael says he will call the company that filled the original model home to furnish his new house.
- Opening bottles - George Michael breaks his counter when he opens a beer bottle like G.O.B. did in "Double Crossers".
- Serious(ly) - George Michael debates "I take things too serious" and "I take things too seriously". Grammatically speaking, both make sense. "Serious" is an adjective describing "it" and "seriously" is an adverb describing "take". Serioush is not a word. "Easily breezily" works best.
- Maeby has poor literacy skills - Maeby says "serioush" after George Michael debates between "serious" and "seriously," although she could have been making fun of him.
- Notes - Anonymous leaves George Michael a note on his microphone.
- "It sure is!" - Ron Howard's answer to Brian Grazer mimics The Narrator's reaction to Tobias' praise of Burger King in "Motherboy XXX".
- When George Michael leans on the piano, after having said "feels like it should be the other way around", and hits the low notes, the piano produces a high-pitched sound.
- Rebel Alley tells George Michael (Maharis), "...you're asking Lem and me to move into this house, and it just, it seems all backwards." The floor plan used in George Michael's house is a mirror of the floor plan used in the original model home.
- The refrigerator/freezer George Michael uses is backwards. The refrigerator is on the left and freezer is on the right. As George Michael pulls out a drink, he says, "Maybe it is backwards."
- "You're mistaken!" - G.O.B. continues his pattern of dismissing people who call him by insisting they have the wrong person, as he did to Michael in A New Attitude. This is presumably because his trysts have left many people seeking him out.
- The Fakeblock sign at Cinco is made out of fake blocks of stone.
- Movie? Season Five? - Storylines not concluded in this episode and scenes in the "On the next... Arrested Development" segment tease what could happen in the Arrested Development Movie or Season Five. (See also: Season Four#Season Five? Movie?)
George Michael: I take things... easily breezily.
- In the opening credits, despite this episode being centered around George Michael, all instruments used throughout the fourth season are played.
- Tobias does not appear in this episode. Lindsay and Lucille appear briefly in reused footage from Red Hairing and Queen B., respectively.
- → See and enjoy 126 pictures from Blockheads at Images from Blockheads.
|SEASON FOUR EPISODES|
|Season One • Season Two • Season Three • Season Four|