Never Nude is a syndrome which Tobias Fünke suffers from which renders him unable to be naked, even in solitude. He copes by wearing tight jean cutoffs under his clothes. It is not recognized by the DSM-IV. Annual conferences are held for those affected.
- Tobias is first seen wearing jean cutoffs in the shower in "Top Banana", and again in the following episode "Bringing Up Buster".
- Lindsay rips Tobias' towel off in "Visiting Ours", the first acknowledgement of Tobias' condition.
- The affliction is named and described in "In God We Trust". Tobias assumes George Michael is a Never Nude based on his refusal to take off the Adam outfit from the Living Classics Pageant, and tries to get him to accept himself for his affliction.
- In "Storming the Castle" Tobias wears leather chaps with his cutoffs visible.
- In "Marta Complex" Tobias is seen unpacking his cutoffs. He also auditions for the role of Frightened Inmate #2 and is horrified when he finds out the role will take place in the nude.
- In "Beef Consommé" Tobias argues with Lindsay about his Never Nudity and how he will be unable to perform as Frightened Inmate #2. She helps him overcome his fear and he overcompensates by walking around naked.
- In "The One Where Michael Leaves" and "The One Where They Build a House" Tobias wears cutoffs as he wears blue paint for his Blue Man Group audition.
- In "Sad Sack" Tobias relapses after a picture of his testicles are shown on the news.
- In "Motherboy XXX" Dave Attell questions the legitimacy of Never Nudity while acting as Tobias on an episode of Scandalmakers.
- In "Spring Breakout" Tobias attempts to make a competition to Girls with Low Self-Esteem and finds out that Phillip Litt is also a Never Nude.
- In "Mr. F" Tobias is exhausted from the time he has been spending at the gym with his friend, Frank. You can clearly see that Tobias is wearing cutoffs under his gym outfit.
- In "Indian Takers" and "A New Start" Lindsay accidentally takes Tobias's luggage off the carousel in Shuturmurg, India and must unwittingly wear his clothes including his cutoffs, which she thinks are "some chick's."
- In "A New Start", "Smashed", and "Queen B." Tobias's Thing costume wears shorts that look similar to cutoffs. (Marvel's Thing does wear blue shorts in the comics.)
- In "Smashed" Tobias is seen wearing his cutoffs whilst getting ready for Fantastic 4: An Action Musical.