Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ostriches are a recurring theme in Season Four. Most notably, Lindsay and Marky Bark move into Lucille's penthouse in Balboa Towers with Cindy the Ostrich. They are also mentioned in the Season One episode "Key Decisions".
Arrested Development showrunner Mitch Hurwitz has said that symbol of the ostrich works well for the Bluths as they share some of the same problems, they're unaware of how awkward they are and are essentially flightless (in the sense that flight equates to freedom.)
- Lindsay claims she's passionate for nature. Michael reminds her she's wearing ostrich-skin boots. She responds that she doesn't care about ostriches. ("Key Decisions")
- When George and Oscar see Divine Spirit while on maca, George thinks it was an ostrich. ("Borderline Personalities")
- Lindsay travels to Shuturmurg, India. In Hindu, Shuturmurg translates to "ostrich". ("Indian Takers")
- Lindsay sees an ostrich outside of her hotel where her shaman's tent once stood. ("Indian Takers")
- G.O.B. tells his father he had to swerve to miss an ostrich while driving down to
- The last time Lucille cried was 60 years ago when she found the remains of her ostrich. ("Queen B.")
- Lucille looks over at an ostrich pinata at Cinco de Cuatro. ("Queen B.")
- An ostrich prop at Tony Wonder's show causes G.O.B. to have a flashback to his time in the storage locker (which contained a drinking bird toy.) ("A New Attitude")
- The Fünkes watch a Thanksgiving cartoon featuring an ostrich. ("Señoritis")
- The painting that gets flipped over by the horde during Cinco is a painting of an ostrich.